Friday, February 20, 2015

Beauty Battle: High-End vs Drugstore Brow Pencil


You know that my life's quest is to find the very best eyebrow products and present them to you in an unfortunately-worded and photographed manner. That, and to eat as many Mother's Circus Animal Cookies as humanly possible without passing on. It's a real journey. Like Eat, Pray, Love, but slightly less annoying.

I come to you today with a tale as old as time...


You find a really MF-ing delightful beauty product, but is it REALLY really worth it? And how does it compare to a way cheaper, but still boss-ass, similar product?

Let us explore. WHEEEEE!

The High-End Homie

anastasia beverly hills brow wiz in taupe (sephora, $21)

Pros:
  • It's super-precise. Like almost too precise? (If that were a thing.)
  • The color is perfectly ashy, so you will never have weird-ass orange eyebrows. Even Carrot Top doesn't want orange eyebrows.
  • It has a spoolie on the end for blending, which actually comes in handy.
  • The pencil is twist-up (automatic? I don't know, whatever). I'm a lazy, so this is big for me. I hate sharpening shit. I also hate pencil shavings. It's like #432 on my list of things that I hate. Not as high as finding a stranger's fingernail on a public table, but it's on there.
Cons:
  • Boo boo is expensive. $21 for a brow pencil is pretty GD spendy, man.
  • It doesn't last very long. I bought this three months ago, and have used 115% (Maury percentages) of it. I expected more from a brow pencil that costs over 20 dollars, but that's what I get for expecting things in life.
The Drugstore Darling

maybelline twin brow pencils in blonde (drugstore.com, $2.39)

Pros:
  • THESE ARE CHEAP AS HELL. I bought mine from Walgreen's, the world's most expensive retailer, and got them for about $4.00. Plus, they were buy one, get one half off, so I got four pencils for about six bucks.
  • They have great staying power. The package claims that these puppies are waterproof, but let's not be ridiculous. Remember the expectations thing?
  • The color is like a 8.967 out of ten on the "looks pretty damn natural" scale.
  • You can find them almost anywhere, so you won't have to make a special trip. Lazy.
Cons:
  • You have to sharpen them, like it's the 1800's and shit. Lazy. Who am I, Laura Ingalls Wilder?
  • The tip (heh) isn't as precise.

The conclusion? I have to give it to the Maybelline pencil. The color isn't as perfect as the Anastasia, but I can live with the fraction of a difference for a fraction of the price.

Not to mention, the Anastasia pencil is 0.003 oz of product, while each pencil of the Maybelline is 0.03 oz. And you get two pencils per pack. You do the math. (No, seriously, I don't know what the math is on that, but it's pretty f-ing significant.)

Viva la cheapness!


Get your ass to the drugstore, bb.



Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment

storystack

Google